While recently giving a seminar on End of Life Challenges I asked the class this question, “What will you miss when you die?”
The question lent itself to an interesting array of answers, each person’s responses being very different from the next.
It was surprising to hear how simple each person’s answers were. Their lists displayed nothing heroic or world changing, just little treasures that give life a bit of joy.
Before reading further, make a list of what you will miss when you die.
Here is my current list:
- Morning chats with my husband
- My son Alex’s wins in life
- First cup of coffee in the morning
- Toast with butter and jam
- New York
- Florence, Italy
- The Christmas tree lit up and decorated
- My husband’s tuna fish salad
- Sirius radio
- Thanksgiving dinner
- Netflix streaming
- Coming home after a long day out in the world
- Crawling into bed on a rainy night…or staying in bed on a rainy morning
- Dark chocolate – any kind
- Winning an argument!
Send me a post of what’s on your list.